The A15Mk2 is a two-channel 15W all-tube guitar amplifier with "American" Sound and the following features:
* true two-channel amplifier with separate tone and volume controls for each channel
* push-pull power stage with 2x 6V6 (15W to 8/16 ohms)
* two step switchable power-stage filter ("smooth" switch)
* switchable bass boost ("fat" switch) for both channels
* channel 1: american brownface sound
* channel 2: american high-gain sound
* switchable tube boost stage for modern high-gain sound
* buffered effects loop
* for practice and studio with power amp distortion at sufferable volume
* kit includes chassis, tubes, and electronical and mechanical parts in decent quality
Please find here some impressions of the interior of the amplifier, besides the front plate and the knobs all parts are included in the standard kit:
All parts of the A15Mk2 are of standard industry quality.
Scope of Supply
The A15Mk2 kit includes all neccessary parts to build a working tube amplifier as there are:
* tubes, sockets, power and output transformers
* resistors, capacitors, variable resistors
* switches, plug sockets, cable, fuse
* wire, screws, boards etc.
* aluminium chassis (WxDxH 254 x 152 x 51 mm)
Complete documentation in elektronic form:
* comprehensive manual (32 pages) with illustrations and photos
* schematic of the amplifier
* layout plan of the amplifier
* layout plan for front panel (headshell and combo version)
* layout plan for rear panel (headshell and combo version)
* drilling plan for the chassis
* knobs for 6mm axis (no chickenheads because of the short distance between the knobs)
* cabinet (headshell or combo)
* speaker (8 or 16 Ohms)
* front plate (DIY or order one at Schaeffer »www.schaeffer-ag.de)
Assembly report (time lapse):
Various sound presentations (video):
Variants and Options
The A15Mk2 is also available as Deluxe version, including a ready to use black steel drilled and printed chassis with assembly threads. This version also includes metal shafted variable resistors (pots). All photos on this page show the Deluxe version.
Footswitch option FS1Mk1
With this addon you can switch two functions by foot, this is typically channel and boost with the A15Mk2, but you can also remotely switch something else if wanted.
A15Mk2 versus A15Mk1
The second version of the A15 deviates from the first version by a small change of the first channel tone control and a layout change to minimize crosstalk at high-gain levels.